Sunday, March 20, 2016

Movie Review: The Divergent Series: Alegiant

This is the 3rd movie in the series of tween books written by Veronica Roth, the first two being Divergent and Insurgent. For the life of me I will never understand why this boring futuristic end of the world series of bad movies is so popular among young people. There is a 4th movie, hopefully the last of this series is coming out in 2017 and is called Ascendant although there does not seem to be a corresponding book written by Roth by that title that I was able to find on Amazon.The cast of this movie is about the same as the previous 2 movies with the excellent actress Shailene Woodley as the star.

I assume that the entire message of this series of books is that categorizing people into certain types is both not fair and wrong for everybody. Nobody would disagree with the message here but you just wish that the story and the movies that have been created from this idea were a whole lot better. For me once these two wasteful hours of your life begins you cannot wait until its all over. The story is all over the place, the concepts are stupid and the special effects are at best average, so once again I asked myself during this ordeal, why is all this so popular? I have heard the real idea about this series of movies is about bullying which as we all know is a very big problem with young people today. Given this premise I wished once again than a better idea than this one would have gained popularity.

As with the previous two movies in this series, I do not recommend this movie.

images (1)

The Divergent Series Alliegiant - IMDB

No comments: