Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Movie Review: Beirut

The main thing that stood out about this movie for me was seeing the bombed out disastrous city of Beirut Lebanon in the early 70's and 80's. Within all scenes of this film it was amazing to see the shape this city has probably always been in - due to never ending wars that have gone on for decades. As far as the movie and the plot that involved CIA agents and a kidnapping, I did not see anything in this story that was significant enough or something I have not seen before. The star of this movie is John Hamm in the first movie I can remember where he is the lead actor and I thought his performance was very good.

Unfortunately this movie was too run of the mill to recommend, despite the relatively high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments: