Saturday, November 1, 2014

Movie Review: Nightcrawler

This movie is highly unusual and different and has never been done before. Just one of the most unusual things about this movie is that its mostly about just one main character, the one played by Jake Gyllenhaal. He is very poor and desperately trying to get a job and is turned down by everyone and even turns to collection scrap and stealing a watch after assaulting someone to make money, in the beginning of this film.

What he does find out is that he can get a police scanner and take videos of crimes in progress or the aftermath's of car accident or major crimes. What does not surprise you in this very good film is that he degrades into a person who would do anything to make the big score, because a local television station will pay him more money, the more dangerous and sensational his films are.

I have never seen a movie like this before, and as a screenwriter I remember while watching this movie that I wished I would have thought of this idea as myself because this is a great idea for a movie.

This movie was well done and I highly recommend it.

RB Screenwriting

No comments: