Friday, July 6, 2018

Movie Review: Ant-Man and the Wasp

The movie "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is a great improvement over the original Ant Man that was released in 2015. In this sequel, there is a very good story, although the science is outlandish, and there is some very smart writing and good humor throughout the film. Paul Rudd once again plays Ant-Man and Evangeline Lilly who plays the Wasp. Michael Douglass reprises his role as a scientist and after all these years if takes some adjustment to believe Douglass is a scientist. I thought all 3 actors were very good in their roles.

I liked the writing for this sequel because the science of people and objects transforming as tiny as a molecule or as large as a giant is never taken seriously. In many areas throughout this screenplay the dialogue is smart and very funny and there were some big laughs in the audience I was in. I thought the original Ant-Man was bad enough to perhaps end this franchise, but this second movie rescues Ant-Man and I expect more movies that hopefully are as good as this one over the next few years.

I highly recommend Ant-Man and the Wasp.

No comments: