Monday, May 25, 2015

Movie Review: Far from the Madding Crowd

The first thing I had to do before I saw this movie was look up the meaning of the word "Madding", which I was not familiar with. The definition of this word is "In a state of frenzy or frenzied". After seeing this 2 hour movie I didn't fully realize the correlation between this word and the story, but when you consider that this movie has to do with a woman going through the trials and tribulations of 3 relationships, I guess you can say that something like this can be considered frenzied.

The acting in this movie was good and so was the countryside and the visuals of old English Farm country and mansions. This movie will remind you of movies from the 30's or 40's and even though the story line is something we have all seen before, overall because of the ending, the story and the acting, I do recommend this movie.

Screenwriting mistakes

No comments: